Happy Valentine’s Day to all our Union Wines aficionados! What better way to say I love you than with a couple of delicious winter cocktail recipes? I love you can not only be said to your significant other, friends or family…you can tell yourself you love yourself with either of these two cocktails too, so enjoy!
- “Be Wine” Winter Sangria
Sangria may have been brought to us from Spain, but we are certainly not against indulging in this delicious cocktail in Canada. Often thought to be a summertime drink, we also enjoy it when the snow falls by adding some of these delicious ingredients:
- 1 bottle of Union Wines Cabernet/Merlot blend
- ¼ cup of St. Remy brandy
- ¼ cup of Crown Royal Apple Whisky
- ¼ cup of honey
- 1 cup of cranberry juice
- 1 sliced lemon
- 1 sliced lime
- 1 diced pear
- 4 small mandarins
- 1 cinnamon stick
- fresh cranberries for garnish
- Stir well in a large pitcher, making sure the wine and liquors are blended. If you think you’ve stirred enough, you probably haven’t…that honey needs dissolving!
- Slice the fruit and add to the sangria along with the cinnamon.
- Let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour to maximize flavour.
- When ready, serve over ice!
You can also enjoy this cocktail warm. Just grab a slow-cooker, heat it on warm/low and you’re on your way!
- “Love Bite” Port Cocktail
‘Tis the season to enjoy our delicious Union Forté port in cocktail form. Naturally peppered with hints of sweet and sun-dried fruit, this fortified wine is an excellent addition to any cocktail, and will be sure to send hearts wagging this Valentine’s Day.
- 1 oz. Captain Morgan white rum
- 1 oz. Union Wines Forté
- ½ oz. Grand Marnier
- ½ oz. fresh squeezed lime juice
Shake well with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass!
Happy Valentine’s Day from all of us at Union Wines; please enjoy responsibly!